How It Works:
- Affordable Christmas empowers low-income families with the opportunity to purchase gifts at an affordable cost. This allows parents to provide gifts for their children while maintaining their dignity.
- We collect new toys which we then price at roughly 1/10th of the original retail value.
- Approximately 60 families will be screened and invited to participate by our partnering Desoto County schools; Hope Sullivan Elementary, Southaven Elementary, and Greenbrook Elementary.
- You may drop items at Trinity by December 2, 2016, or schedule a pickup.
- Donated gift distribution will be on December 10, 2016 from 9am – 1pm.
How You Can Help:
- New, unused toys and gifts (see information flyer for full shopping list)
- Monetary gifts that will be used to purchase gifts.
- Host a toy drive at your workplace, church, community organization, etc.
- Shopping assistants.
- Set up team.
- Toy drive team.
* Note: No single donated gift should be more than $20-$30 in value as the goal is to provide a maximum number of families with opportunities for reasonable items rather than providing larger items for only 1-2 families.
* Contact Pastor Jeff Summers (firstname.lastname@example.org, 662-349-3333) for additional volunteer opportunities and scheduling.